Odyssey Dance Theatre is made up of highly skilled Singaporean & international dance artistes. The professionalism and proficiency of these dance artistes have elicited international acclaim from ministries and ambassadorial guests through main-house seasons, local & global invitations, international touring, and cultural exchanges. The versatility and matured artistry of ODT artistes have seen them translate performing works to excellent creative output, coupled with strong artistic direction from Singapore and invited eminent choreographers.
Odyssey Dance Theatre regularly receives commissions from Singapore ministries and government agencies, and corporations, as well as local and international festivals, whilst serving as Singaporean cultural ambassador on various established international platforms in Asia Pacific, Europe, and USA.
For video trailers of past performances, please click here.
For publications of past performances, please click here.
For updates on current performances, please click here.
To be the foremost contemporary dance theatre through the presentation of works with a distinctive Singaporean identity, alongside excellence in artistic management and strong production values.
To be the foremost contemporary dance theatre in the Asia-Pacific region.
Founding of ODT
- "Odyssey to the Sublime" was premiered in Brisbane, Australia
- ODT’s first mainhouse “Odyssey to the Sublime” at Jubilee Hall, Raffles Hotel had its successful runs of 5 shows
- Opening of ODT by Mr Liu Thai Ken, Former Chairman of National Arts Council
- ODT's third main house "The Origins" was performed at the Kallang Theatre
- Awarded by the National Arts Council as the first Artiste-In-School, the first of its kind in Singapore
- Seagate International, Patron of the Arts for ODT in 2001, commissioned three mainhouse seasons – “X-Treme 2”, “The White Sensation” & “Xposition ‘O’ Contemporary Dance Fiesta”
- The inaugural Xposition ‘O’ Contemporary Dance Fiesta was successfully produced with more than 80 international artists from Australia’s Expressions Dance Company, Hong Kong Academy of Performing Arts and ODT
- ODT's work travelled to Hong Kong & Australia
- ODT's first choreographic platform & seminar were organised
- A season of solos (Malaysia, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea) premiered at Raffles Hotel Jubilee Hall
- Commissioned by The Esplanade to perform in “The White Sensation” in Esplanade Theatre.
- 8 schools supported ODT's main house "Innocent Light" with theatre etiquette at Victoria Theatre
- "A Season of Duets" premiered at Esplanade Theatre Studio
- Establishment of ODT Young Company and Arts4yoUths division
- Co-presented with Singapore Art Museum to premiere "Passion.Love" - ODT's first outdoor production
- ODT's works - "Passion.Love" & "Wings" were presented at Istana Buddha (Kuala Lumpur), representing Singapore at there ASEAN Festival of the Arts
- ODT's first Artist-In-Residence (6 months) was awarded to Lee Ming Cheng (Taiwan)
- A season of 4 male choreographers (Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia) - "Manpower" at the Esplanade Theatre Studio
- Produced the inaugural DanzINC – international Dancers & Choreographers’ Residency Festival, with international cast from Austria, Malaysia, Singapore & South Korea
- World premiere of "M Bodies" as the highlight of the inaugural DanzINC Festival at Kallang Theatre
- Dr Dany received this Young Artists Award from the National Arts Council (NAC)
- ODT premiered "Passion.Love" & "Wings" at Daejeon's Asian Choreographers' Festival
- ODT's 5th anniversary celebration at Victoria Theatre, premiered "Heaven & Earth", "Just 2" & excerpt of "White Sensation"
- International collaboration and performance of “Synesthesia” by ODT and Seo Dong Hyun Dance Company with 14 international artists performing at Singapore Indoor Stadium.
- ODT opened HIGH FEST International Performing Arts Festival with "Innocent Light" at the National theatre in Armenia
- Invitation to Seoul International Improvisation Festival
- Premiered of "Instinct" & excerpt of "Innocent Light" at Busan International Beach Festival
- Inaugural Summer DanceFit Festival at Singapore Indoor Stadium Green
- ODT's Artistic Director Dr Danny
Tan was commissioned by the Singapore Arts Festival to produce
"Providence" for its choreographic dance platform - "Forward Moves"
- World premiere of "Garden in my Heart" at the Singapore Indoor Stadium, finale of the 2nd DanziNC Festival
- "Providence" toured to Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Singapore's DanzINC, 20th World Congress of Dance (Athens, Greece) & Montenegrin Theater Podgorica (Republic of Montenegro)
- ODT Young Company’s first mainhouse season “Dance on the Move” at Lee Foundation Theatre
- Premiered of "The Story Begins" at the Gallery Theatre of the National Museum of Singapore, a highlight of 4m Xposition
'O' Contemporary Dance
- 'Providence" toured to Italy, France & USA
- First Company-In-Residence programme at ODT with Cathy Seago & Dancers (UK)
- Summer DanceFit Festival 2008. Closing event was held at The Shaw Foundation Symphony Stage, Singapore Botanic Gardens, with more than 520 performers
- Premiered of "Black &/or White* at Lee Foundation Theatre
• "Providence toured to Australia & South Korea
- ODT celebrated its 10th anniversary with ‘Red Tears’, a uniquely Singaporean production that investigates the 400 years old Teochew Opera with Contemporary Dance
- 10th anniversary celebrations:
- Publication of the state-of-the-art coffee table book – “Dance Odyssey – A Decade of Brilliance”, documenting ODT’s first 10 years of dance development.
- Completion of 3-year choreographic platform for Singaporeans
- Excerpt of "The Story Continues" performed by ODT & Asylum Quartet at the book launch of "Dance Odyssey - A Decade of Brilliance" at Drama Centre Theatre
- ODT celebrates its young company’s 10th anniversary with “Soaring Odyssey”
- ODT's second generation of Singaporean choreographers had ventured their choreographic skills since 2008, producing many refreshing and dynamic works, such as "Silent Connexion" that have toured internationally
- World premiered of "Clouding* at UCC Hall and toured to Seoul under Xposition 'O' on Tour
- ODT International continued to set new milestones by presenting 6th Xposition ‘O’ Contemporary Dance Fiesta, the first Singapore dance festival on tour in Singapore and Seoul.
- Signed a three-year MOU with Dance Association of Korea & MOTUS (Italy) in May 2012, the first for a Singapore dance organisation
- Premiered of "Hi Heaven!" at UCC Hall as the finale of DanzINC Festival
- Collaboration with Metro Arts and premiered "Seed* in Brisbane & Singapore
- "Hi Heaven!" & "Dancing Demeanour" were invited for 21st Korean National Dance Festival
- "Hi Heaven!* & "The Art of Faking" were invited to the Move-off Festival (Italy)
- "Hi Heaven!* premiered at the Siena
- ODT International continues its quest with an awe-inspiring 6-month DanzINC Festival, testifying ODT’s belief in engaging the audience with new precedent in International Strategic Programming
- First full-length performance by ODT’s second generation of Singaporean choreographers with full Singaporean casts – “The Art of Faking”
- Premiered of "Om* & 'Flash" at Xposition 'O' Fiesta in Singapore at UCC Hall. These works had toured to Italy, Germany & South Korea
- Commissioned by Nanyang Polytechnic to produce and direct a dance musical “Viva!” with 400 performers to critical acclaim (Esplanade Theatre)
- Commissioned by the Singapore Biennale 2013 to present a site-specific work - "As We LIVe..." at Singapore Art Museum
- Finale of the 6th DanzINC Festival - Moments* was held in partnership with The Embassy of the Republic of Korea, and in association with the Korea Festival 2014. Performed by ODT Main Company with live music & vocal accompaniment by 10 ODT Associate Artistes (Music). (University Cultural Centre Hall)
- ODT was invited to perform at SIDANCE & Gwangju Donggu Road Art Festival (South Korea) & Move-off Festival (Italy)
- Completed a 3-year MOU with Korea Dance Association (Korea) with 14 major productions, showcasing 14 works in 9 international festivals in Singapore & Korea
- Completed a 3-year MOU with MOTUS Company (Italy) with 12 major works and 7 festivals in Singapore and Italy
- Summer DanceFit Festival 2015, more than 250 participants from 35 organisations and 40 programmes for the community
- Xposition ‘O’ Contemporary Dance Fiesta 2015 has sustained continued growth as a festival on tour, highlighting performances on several international stages: Italy, Taiwan, Thailand, & Singapore.
- ODT’s new initiative P.E.T graced by Minister Grace Fu during the exclusive premiere of ‘Wow! Merlion’ at the Victoria Theatre (Singapore).
- 'Wow! Merlion* in celebration of Singapore Jubilee was launched by Ms Grace Fu, Former Minister at MCCY at Victoria Theatre
- ODT toured to Italy, Taiwan, Thailand
- Completed 6 months DanzINC festival, featuring some of the best companies and artistes in Asia and Europe.
- Supported by The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Singapore for the third time, Dr Danny Tan's full-length work "I Am Sorry!" was successfully premiered at UCC Hall as the finale of DanzINC festival, in conjunction with Korea Festival 2016
- Cultural exchange at Silla University; premiered excerpt of "Wow! Merlion" at Busan International Beach Festival
- ODT Artistes had residency at Dance
Arts Faculty/ Spellbound
Contemporary Ballet (Rome)
- Supported by The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Singapore for the third time, Dr Danny Tan’s full-length work “I Am Sorry!” was successfully premiered at UCC Hall as the finale of DanzINC festival, as well as Korea Festival 2016.
- Cultural Diplomacy (9th Xposition ‘O’ Contemporary Dance Fiesta 2017). Completed a 4-cities tour in Italy, in partnership with 5 Italian dance companies, namely Spellbound Contemporary Ballet (Rome), Equilibrio Dinamico Dance Company (Bari), DaCruDanceCompany (Rome), MM Contemporary Dance Company (Reggio Emilia) and MOTUS Dance Company (Siena).
- Cultural Diplomacy (9th Xposition 'O' Contemporary Dance Fiesta 2017) - ODT completed a 6-city tour in Italy, in partnership with 10 Italian dance companies
- World premiere of "Are We?" at Victoria
Theatre as the opening of 9th Xposition
'O' Contemporary Dance Fiesta. Guests of Honour: Ms Paula Parviainen (Former Ambassador, Embassy of Finland), Mr Raffaele Langella (Ambassador, Embassy of the Republic of Italy) & Mr Sim Gim Guan (CEO, National Council of Social Service)
- Residency & performance in
- Performed in "Little Match Girl* during Keppel Charity Golf & Gala Dinner 2018. Guest of Honour: Mr Heng Swee Keat
- (Minister for Finance)
- Premiered "Rain or Shine?" after its Bulgarian residency as the finale of DanzINC Festival 2018
- Premiered full-length work "Lost or Found?" as 2nd Performance. Exhibition. Talk (P.E.T.) Series after its excerpt performance in Seattle International Dance Festival (Winter Edition)
- "Radiance* was commissioned and performed at St Regis Hotel for Avita Celergen's 10th Anniversary
- "Start or Stop?" had its world premiere in Vietnam under Xposition 'O' Contemporary Dance Festival (Vietnam)
- It was also performed for "Cultural Diplomacy Gala*, closing event of 10th Biennial Xposition 'O' Contemporary Dance Fiesta in Singapore
- "Providence premiered at St George (Romania)
- ODT Encore with 6 dance seasons was launched, showcasing xx digital works across 6 months
- Book published - "Remarkably Dancing: ODT Classics 1999 - 2019"
- Remount of works by 6 Associate Artistic Directors under inaugural S.E.T. Dance Series
- Completed inaugural ODT Directors' Lab 2021, supported by National Arts Council
- "A Beautiful World", a new choreography embracing innovation & creativity through green screen effect, animated film and video games under the
- "Paint A Galaxy" had it world premiere in Vietnam and Singapore, as highlight of DanzINC festival 2022.
- "Reimagine Providence", a Solo Performance by Dr Danny Tan received rave reviews.
- Successfully premiered Unseen | Dance x Innovation, 4 new Asian choreographies.
© 2023 Odyssey Dance Theatre Ltd. | All rights reserved. All information listed herein is correct at the time of release. All contents found within this site are developed by Odyssey Dance Theatre Ltd (ODT Ltd) and remain the property of ODT Ltd. Unauthorised dissemination, distribution, copying or downloading of any information and/or visuals is prohibited.